Top 5 Reasons:
- High shipping costs (44%)
- Not ready to purchase (41%)
- High product price (25%)
- Wanted to save products for later consideration (24%)
- Did not clearly mention shipping costs (22%)
Top Elements That Impact Visitors During the Checkout Process
- Insecure checkout
- Not allowing "Guest Checkout"
- Not displaying visitor progress in checkout process
- Using up-sells and cross-sells during the checkout process
- Losing customer input when a submission causes an error
What Would They Like to See at Checkout?
Another study shared by GetElastic shared a few options that online shoppers would prefer to see at checkout:
- Guaranteed delivery date
- Log-in to save purchasing preferences
- Variety of payment options
- Order history
- Suggestions for other items
- Expedited shipping options
Based on this information, eCommerce businesses can better understand how to connect with consumers and improve the likelihood that he or she will make a purchase when they visit the site.
by Samantha Warner