Here are a few ways to enhance your packaging and shipping strategy to not only increase customer satisfaction, but also save you money:
- Use quality boxes and consider using recycled materials. Recycled boxes and packaging materials not only cost less, but may also enhance your brand's reputation of being environmentally conscious.
- Use packing materials like bubble wrap and paper to protect fragile items during transit.
- Use quality packing tape and secure all edges that may come lose during delivery.
- Include hand-written notes inside your packaging, thanking customers for their business.
- Include special offers or discounts on future purchases.
- Include information about your return policy (and include a free return label if necessary)
- Double-check all shipping information and labels before sending out.
Take a look at the article, "Handy Ecommerce Packaging Tips to Delivery Products Securely" for detailed information about shipping items, especially those that are fragile, perishable, delicate, or those that contain sharp objects.
Not sure when to ship your products to ensure on-time delivery for the holidays? Read our recent article, "USPS Shipping Deadlines Announced" for suggested mail-by deadlines.
by Samantha Warner