- The fastest growing demographic on Twitter is the 55-64 year age bracket.
- The fastest growing demographic on Facebook and Google+ is the 45-54 year age bracket.
- 189 million Facebook users are "mobile only."
- YouTube reaches more US adults (18-34) than any cable network.
- Every second, 2 new members join LinkedIn; however, LinkedIn has a lower percentage of active users (compared to Facebook, Pinterest, Google+ and Twitter).
- 93% of marketers use social media for business.
- 63% of smartphone owners keep their phones with them for all but an hour of their waking day.
- Even though 62% of marketers blog or plan to blog during the year, only 9% employ a full-time blogger
Check out the entire article at: http://www.fastcompany.com/3021749/work-smart/10-surprising-social-media-statistics-that-will-make-you-rethink-your-social-stra
by Samantha Warner