The iPhone 5S and its less expensive counterpart, the iPhone 5C, will be available for pre-order on September 13th and available in the US, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Puerto Rico, Singapore and the UK on September 20th.
Some of the features include:
- Available in 3 colors: gold, silver, and space gray
- 64-bit A7 chip (up to twice the CPU and graphics performance)
- 8 megapixel iSight* camera with True Tone flash
- Touch ID* - fingerprint censor (used to unlock the phone and to make purchases from the iTunes Store and other Apple apps)
- M7 motion coprocessor (used for measuring motion data – used often with fitness apps)
- iOS 7 - "the most significant update since the original iPhone"
- Improved battery life
- Available in 5 colors: blue, green, pink, yellow and white
- New design with a hard-coated polycarbonate body
- A6 chip
- 8 megapixel iSight camera
- 4-inch Retina display
- Ability to make audio-only FaceTime calls
- iOS 7
Now that the secret is out, online retailers of mobile phones and accessories are gearing up for what is expected to be an even busier holiday season. With tons of trade-in programs already in place, how is your business preparing for the millions of consumers waiting to buy and sell old iPhones? What about mobile accessories?
Competition is going to be fierce for online retailers, so give us your best sales pitch for your store and include a link -- you never know who's reading this!
by Samantha Warner