According to Forrester, the average smartphone user looks at their device up to 200 times a day, totaling over two hours screen time daily. With smartphone usage growing exponentially, that is a massive audience. In the evolving digital marketplace, sellers need to learn how to quantify all of that data in order to craft a mobile marketing strategy.
A mobile moment can last seconds, and each second is significant to the marketing mix. In essence, smartphone users are looking for immediacy once their attention is engaged. These moments need to be seamless and relevant to their real-time needs. The need for specialized mobile marketing tools that can gather data and engage the consumer in real-time is becoming a necessity for those who want to compete in the digital marketplace. When evaluating mobile automation tools, sellers should look for a few things:
- Data. The ability to gather CRM, mobile application analytics, and real-time information.
- Identify. The ability to quantify the data to assemble the audience and find key mobile moments.
- Engagement. Customized content created for a specific audience.
- Delivery. Engagement via chosen channels.
- Measure. Analytics that allow performance measurement.
Take some time to check out Forrester's mobile engagement guide “Vendor Landscape: Mobile Engagement Automation Solutions.” It’s an independent analysis of the “over 30 million mobile moments” that happen daily in the US by Forrester Research. It's a great introduction to this quickly evolving digital landscape.