To PropelAd, writing quality copy for your e-commerce site begins with understanding your customers as well as you do your products - a skill that most business owners have.
Here are a few strategies to create powerful messages and copy that sells (using customer insight alone):
- Become Your Customer. Create a persona and start thinking like your customers to better target your message.
- Mirror Their Language. Use expressions and tones that your customers use in conversation.
- Want Action? Use Action. Be direct in telling your customer what you want him or her to do - use strong and specific action verbs.
- Consider Their Time. Use clear and concise website copy to quickly grab the attention of the visitor.
- Let Them Imagine. Make the consumer imagine how your product would make him or her feel.
- Sell it to Them Straight. Be honest and transparent about the quality and success of your product. Display customer reviews and don't make promises you can't keep.
- Don't Lose Them Now. Review your product pages to be sure there are no barriers to buying. Include answers to any questions regarding purchase - shipping, policies, delivery charges, etc. to avoid shopping cart abandonment.
For a detailed look at these strategies, take a look at the PropelAd blog, "Sell It With Words: 7 Tips for Creating Effective eCommerce Copy."
by Samantha Warner