A recent article by Retail TouchPoints states that "The consumers' desire for seamless, compelling and personalized brand experiences is driving the next generation of loyalty."
Here's what they suggest when creating a successful loyalty program:
- Identify your goals - What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
- Evaluate existing programs and strategies - Are your current tactics successful? What do customers want to see more of?
- Understand customer expectations - What do customers value when it comes to your business?
- Break down internal silos - Present a single face to the customer.
- Find the right technology partners - Find the right partner to enhance or rebuild your strategy.
- Execute and listen - Once a new program is available, seek feedback from customers.
- Revise and personalize - Take customer feedback into consideration and make updates accordingly.
Take a look at these best practices in detail in the Retail TouchPoints article, "Relationships, Not Rewards, Are Key To Successful Loyalty Programs."
by Samantha Warner