Pictures are worth 1000 words. And in 2014, the social media statistics are proving that is truly the case. HubSpot’s Marketing blog recently posted an article highlighting statistics showing that marketers who are effectively incorporating visual content are seeing increased engagement, traffic, and conversion rates.
Below are 5 statistics that we find especially compelling.
- Last year the amount of video from people and brands in Facebook's News feed increased 3.6 times.
- Tweets with images receive 18% more clicks, 89% more favorites and 150% more retweets.
- Of the top 10% posts made by more than 30,000 Facebook brand pages, posts with photos saw the most engagement—accounting for a whopping 87% of total interactions.
- Adding a photo URL to your tweet can boost re-tweets by 35%.
- In a recent study 86% of buyers expressed some level of desire to access interactive/visual content on demand.
People want to see what you are talking about. Visual content added to your messages makes it easier for the receiver to envision fulfilling their need with what you are offering them. Take a look at 17 Stats You Should Know About Visual Content Marketing in 2015. HubSpot does a great job breaking down the visual content trend, and how using visual content can positively impact your goals.