Customer reviews and feedback were the biggest single driver of online sales for all Amazon visitors in the first quarter of 2015, and 40% stated that reviews were the number one influence on their buying decision. Current research suggests that 82% of consumers consider user-generated reviews to be extremely valuable and a highly rated product increases the likelihood of purchase by 55%.
But getting reviews and feedback on both eBay and Amazon can be a serious challenge for online sellers. In fact, less than 5% of Amazon buyers ever leave feedback. Despite the overwhelming stats in support of reviews, two-thirds of leading eTailers never send a post-purchase review email request. The old saying, "if you don’t ask you don’t get" has never been so apt.
- Set the right tone. This is super important. Create thoughtful, concise requests. Don’t jump right into asking for feedback. Ease into it. Thank them for their purchase. Ask how their experience was. Did their package arrive on time? Was it as they expected? Even though the email is primarily to request feedback, the actual asking of it should be secondary. Doing this makes the customer feel like you care about them as much as you do about receiving the feedback.
- Automate feedback requests where applicable.
- Send feedback based on events that you’ve known have already happened, like when the customer receives the package.
- Avoid sending feedback requests to unhappy customers. Doing this right off the bat will set you up for bad feedback. Instead, send the request after you’ve resolved the issue.
- Provide killer customer support. Whether it’s email, chat, social or by phone. The level of support you provide has a direct impact on your reputation, and feedback.
Learn more from our vide: How to Increase Feedback and Improve Marketplace Sales
Article provide by XSellco High5
Harvesting all that goodwill and positive sentiment needn’t be a daunting task. XSellco’s High5 is the only feedback solicitation and reputation management tool to work with both Amazon and eBay. It’s easy to set-up and use, and automates email product reviews and feedback requests to buyers. XSellco High5 comes with a Free 15-day Trial, and the in-house support team is happy to provide a demonstration.
Sources: Statistica, Invesp